JellyPages.com

Followers

Saturday 9 August 2014

Smudgefest 2014 - Saturday Splatter

Today is Day 6 of Smudgefest and it's Saturday Splatter! They want us to get messy!! Now, messy house I can do, messy desk I can do... but messy creations... not sure!
I was totally inspired by Teresa Morgan's Day 3 entry - she made a 'chunky page' which I've not seen before but I thought I would like to try one. This is a 4x4" piece of art and I've just used some black card.
I have used the Monster Heart 'Phlem' again from Smeared Ink and coloured him red this time. The stamping is from the Clarity Letterbox Set and the punch along the bottom is Martha Stewart Drippy Goo.
Now for the messy bit! The background started off as white card. There was a tutorial in a recent Craft Stamper magazine for faux gelli-printing. By using acrylic paints on plastic - such as the A plate from the Cuttlebug which is what I used! I got the kids to help and we all pulled some colourful prints. I cut mine down to just under 4x4" to mount on the black and finished it by stamping the Visible Image Ripped Fishnets stamp in Black Archival ink.

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Especially the ripped fishnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the drippings and my fave color, red! Love it.
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC background.... love the blood dripping. WONDERFULL card for not being messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that the kids were involved! Excellent card

    ReplyDelete