JellyPages.com

Followers

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Wicked Wednesday at Smudgefest!

Hi folks.... yes, I'm sorry, yet another post from me today! That's a busy Wednesday for you!
However, this is day three of Smudgefest and if you're not sure what I'm talking about, scroll down for my day one and two posts or pop over to Smudgy Antics for a look at the fabulous inspiration from their DT and the other entrants. There are prizes every day and a grand prize which you're only eligible for if you enter all seven challenges!

Today's brief - Wicked Wednesday - is a colour challenge and as normal you need to use a Smeared Ink stamp somewhere on your project. Here is the wicked colour scheme -

 

And here is my card. I'm afraid it's not very 'wicked' but I have used all the colours (i think!) and one of the Smeared Ink Goth Fairies for the front of it. I haven't put a sentiment on here, I'll wait and do that when I send the card. The papers used are free papers from Pixel Scrapper matted onto black pearlescent paper and layered up on a 6x6 card base.


I have finished the card with some black seam binding and a bow using black and sea peacock ribbon with some mulberry paper flowers and a black fancy flower. The blue dots are shiny and self adhesive from the bottom of my stash.

Not very wicked but something a bit menacing about that fairy! Also, my colouring is not very good today - need to invest in better paper for colouring, adding that to my shopping list now!

I will enter this card into the following challenges - 
Smudgy Antics - Smudgefest Day 3
Smudgy Antics - Use Fussy Cutting
Left of Centre - LOC theme
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Digi Sketch Challenge - Anything Goes
Avenue 613 Create - Anything Goes/Use a Sentiment.

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx

11 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job on the coloring. Loads of layers and love how you distressed all those edges. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look perfect and I love that fairy. Great job! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card...thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Maureen...love the image and your layout! Definitely hit on all the colors in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lo and image. Love the distress.
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card layout and fairy image .
    She does look a little fierce, I think .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice project, Maureen! I love the color palette and I think you did a marvelous job of using the colors in your project. Great coloring of the image. I am also impressed by your restraint in embellishing this card. The image takes center stage, as it should! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic use of the colours! Loving the way you've layered all the different colours. Thank you again for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics and LOC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the layers using the given colour palette and that faerie is one of my favs. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics as well x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab use of the color scheme and great use of layers! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the way you layered the papers.:)

    ReplyDelete