JellyPages.com

Followers

Saturday 10 August 2013

Sketchy Saturday at Smudgefest!

Well, If you don't know by now that its Smudgefest, then I don't know where you have been all week! Check out the details at the Smudgy Antics Blog for more info. Today is the penultimate challenge and it is based on a sketch.

I personally do not mind a sketch challenge, but I do tend to take it very literally and find it hard to change it up. This card is no exception. I have followed the sketch pretty much to the letter with the addition only of a wee embellishment to the bottom left corner and a sentiment.

Here is the sketch:-
 

And here is my take on it:-




I have used my favourite Goth Fairy from Smeared Ink as the centre peice and didn't bother with layering her, choosing instead to fussy cut and have her on raised glue dots for dimension. I did move the vertical line from the right to the left of center (see what I did there? I will enter this card in the current Left of Center Challenge!!!)

I have used papers from the Kasiercraft 13th Hour 6.5x6.5 paper pack, some black seam binding, flowers, pins and a Craftwork Cards sentiment to finish.

Entering this in the following challenges - 
Smudgy Antics - Smudgefest Day 6
Left of Center - Left of Center theme (although, technically, the pins are metal!)
Wags and Whiskers - Fairytale/Fantasy
Sister Act Card Challenge - #19 Anything Goes
Inspire me Fridays - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Mo! Love the way you've torn your paper and adore the text print. That fairy is so cute, too. Great job on the sketch! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...love your interpretation of the sketch...your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! I love the colors you used.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the sketch! I love the way you've torn your papers as it adds to the Goth feel of your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge this week... HUGS...SK :)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job on your faerie card, love the ripped papers, it adds so much texture to the card. Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers Challenge! Hope to see you again! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete