JellyPages.com

Followers

Friday 9 August 2013

Flowing Friday at Smudgefest

Hi everyone! I have gone with some more experimenting today! The challenge for Flowing Friday for Smudgefest at the Smudgy Antics blog is to "Create a project using a flowing medium. Some examples could be watercolor, liquid ink, liquid glues, thinned out acrylics, etc.... use your imagination and let the juices flow!" I spent the morning in Costco and the afternoon in a crafty shop trying to get my head round this one and ended up having a go at diluting some acrylic paints!

I dug out watercolour paper and dripped some burgandy and black flowing acrylic paint onto it. Once that was dry, I sat it upright and sprayed LOTS of Tattered Angels Fully Purple Glimmer Mist to the top of the paper to allow it to also 'flow' down the page. I have attached this to a 6x6 chipboard square to make a wall hanging - here is the background for a closer look -


Sorry the photos are quite dark tonight - no natural light since its 9pm and the nights are fair drawing in!

For the stamped image I have used the freebie that was given to all those blogs who hopped for the Skull Appreciation Day this year - a sugar skull with roses. I've printed it quite big, fussy cut it and coloured with promarkers. I added some 'flowing' fringing along the bottom of the peice to keep it flowy! I've also used seam binding ribbon in black and purple, matching mulberry flowers and some black bling.

The 'eyes' on the skull were covered with midnight black Stickles for an extra pop!

I'm reasonably happy with this tonight, I might have printed the digi smaller but with a lack of time I couldn't change it. It's currently hanging on the wall in conservatory, I think I might leave it there!

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx

6 comments:

  1. I can just imagine this with a light breeze behind it.EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, Mo! Love how you carried the "flowing" theme right down to the embellies. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Maureen. This challenge stumped me also, plus, to be honest I don't like getting messy. Love your drips and the fringe add to the flowing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maureen i love love love! it is wonderfully gooey and great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that drippy background.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome wall hanging! I adore the painted background, your image rocks, and I'm loving the fringe at the bottom of the hanging! Great work!

    ReplyDelete