JellyPages.com

Followers

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Skull Appreciation Day 2013 Blog Hop!!!


Hi everyone!!! And a big hello to anyone joining me for the first time today hopping along on my first ever Blog Hop! Today is Skull Appreciation Day and in association with Smeared Ink, I am taking part in their blog hop - you can find the complete list of blogs at the bottom of this post!

*Edit* My 3 year old decided to get in on the skully action today - he went to bed last night with his super skull pyjamas, so with his best catalogue pose, here is Callum joining us on the hop!!
 
I found out about this event quite late on but wanted to put the work in and come up with something unique and personal and while net surfing, I kept coming back to 'El dia de los muertos' or 'Day of the Dead' and the vibrant, colourful masks and face painting that is associated with this carnival. I got out my sketch book and had a go!!! I have drawn this free hand so its a bit squinty but overall i'm happy with the outcome... now what to do with it!!?


If you've been here before, you'll know that I've been making wall hangings recently and so I thought that's what I would do for today! I cut some chipboard slightly larger than A5 to fit the mask and covered it with some red free paper and blackened the edges with Black Soot distress ink. 


I've added some black bling, printed the words 'dia de muertos' using a set of stamps from Craftwork Cards and black memento ink, and embellished with various flowers and bobble head pins.


The image was sprayed with silver spray and sparkle before mounting, there is also some red and gold stickles on various areas of the mask, and black stickles on the flowers as well. Some black lace attached to the back of the hanging finishes this off. 


While i was photographing this, my son's friend was admiring it and asking if i could do something cool with skulls for Father's Day which is the 16th of June here and so, I think I rose to the challenge!

This is a stamp from Dimension Fourth which I stamped with a versamark ink pad and heat embossed in silver. I covered the card blank in a free paper which actually has skulls on it but its a bit hard to see with the ribbon and image on there.


Some black and silver paper for matting and layering and a silver peel-off to mark the sentiment. I've also added some White Opal liquid pearls which I think is quite silvery.



Well, I hope you've enjoyed my offering for Skull Appreciation Day!! If you are hopping with us, the next stop is Karen. If you've landed here by chance, the full blog list is below! 
Have a great day!
thanks for stopping by
Mo xxx



Terra
Tori
Laura
Kapree
Kristy
Sandy
Jacki
Rick St Dennis
Airless Chambers
Wendy
Julia
Susan
Lady Brayton
Black Dragon
Kay
Miko
Creepy Glowbug
Aletha
Ike
Miranda
Hazel
Monique
Shoni
Suzi
Leigh S-B Designs
DominoART
Alison
Donna M
Donna W
Jane
De Stempelwinkel
Evil Edna
Jenn
Steph
Anna
Bombshell Stamps
Helen
Shell
Movie Magic Monthly Blog
Fiona
Serena
Little Black Kitten
* you are here - Maureen - you are here*
Karen
Milo
Teri

26 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love your Dia de los Muertos skull and the fab way you've finished the hanging. The stamp is cool as well, especially in silver. Have to say your son stole the show. What a DOLL! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pieces hun! Love your drawing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mo what great creations from you and your little fella looks adoprable in his PJ's bless great to be hopping with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You little friend is a awesome model adorable..your work is awesome too...love you hanging it is awesome.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects for the hop! But I am in LOVE with those awesome jammies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun projects-adorable kid

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh...a wow on the wall hang and great embossed card. Wish I could see the Wall Hang, I am sure the pics do not do it justice. Fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab projects! Callum is so cute, and I love his jammies!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely projects, you've been busy

    great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects, these most have taken a lot of time doing! Fun with a wall hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects and such an adorable child.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maureen,
    That was really nice of your son to join in on the skully fun today. You did some great coloring, and love the sparkle on our wall hanging. Great touch w/ the black lace at the bottom. Nice Father's Day card! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic projects love that tshirt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects! I especially love the Sugar Skull.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maureen, Fabulous projects! I especially Love your wall hanging as it contains my favorite colors and I feel like I can reach out and touch the texture of the lace, stickles, pin heads and flowers. BTW, this fits in with the Smudgy Antics challenge theme of texture so you should think about playing along. Here is the address: http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com/

    Your father's day card is wickedly cool as well! Thanks for hopping and Happy Skull Appreciation Day! BTW, your son looks adorable all dressed for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my ghoul, fabulous skully creations and way to go Callum for getting in on the action too, what a cutie skullie patootie he is ;0) happy SAD day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great projects Maureen...glad you joined the hop. Love your hanging and card. You little guy is pretty cute too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome projects love them

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never get enough of El Dia de los Muertos! I love your "hanging" piece. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super stunning DOTD you drew - that's fabbo. :-)
    Love your little one in his PJs and the FD card just sooooooo rocks !!!!
    Lovely to meet you and I hope you enjoyed your first Hop :-D
    IKE xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi maureen!! I love the hanging sign you made and the colors you used! See you over on the PunkyouGirl blog!

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG your projects are amazing and your son is just too cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love your wall hanging its brilliant, Your card is stunning too. WOW your Wee Boy is awesome what a wee heartbreaker, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete