JellyPages.com

Followers

Friday 24 May 2013

Mini Wall Hangings

I have been a busy bee the last few days! Got a few things coming up that i've been creating for and the first is a raffle donation!! The Wishaw Breastfeeding Support Group are having a pamper night in a few weeks time to raise much needed funds to continue to offer support to new and breastfeeding mums in my local area. This is a cause close to my heart, I have breastfed all four of my children and I know how important a good support system is in the early days or even if it is your third or fourth - having someone there to chat to or ask questions is so important!

I was approached by one of their committee members and asked if I would be willing to donate a prize for the raffle... I have made 4! I have three to show you here just now, the final one is a DT project that will be revealed here in a few weeks time and it was after making that first one I knew what I would make for the donation.

These are made using a 6x6 board book with the two metal rings to bind it - rather than making a book, I took each board individually and strung it with organza ribbon to make a mini 6x6 wall hanging.

This first uses papers and mini blooms from the Craftwork Cards Bohemian GoodyBag. I have covered the board in the glittered papers, put more of the papers through my cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz tattered floral die and added lace, beading and a pink gem for the centre of the main flower. A Craftwork Cards sentiment finishes the piece.



This next board uses papers from the Craftwork Cards Dolly Mixtures Collection - the Cheryl Papers and tickets. I've also used some of their kraft flowers which I coloured with promarkers and distress inks.Some crushed card candi, twine and liquid pearls finish this board.



The final board is slightly different and uses papers and die cut decoupage from the DoCrafts Gorjuss Girls collection. I've added some black lace, beading and bling, along with mulberry paper roses. Rolled roses were made using more of the Gorjuss papers and then this was sprayed with silver Spray and Sparkle.



All that remains is to make some gift boxes or gift bags to hold them and hope that they will be loved by the winners! I hope the night is great success and they acheive all they set out to do!

Perhaps you will join me tomorrow for a celebratory blog post!! All will be revealed in the morning!
See you then,
Mo xxx


3 comments:

  1. What lovely little wallhangings, Maureen.....fab embellies, and a great idea. I'm now following x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Maureen, you have been busy. Good luck with the raffle.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah these are beautiful. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete