JellyPages.com

Followers

Friday 22 March 2013

Tsunami Rose Designs Challenge #12 - Colour Inspiration

You will (hopefully!) know by now, that I have made it onto the Tsunami Rose Designs DT from April and I am super excited about this! I cant wait to sign up for the DT projects and get working! In the meantime I figured I would work on building my stash of Tsunami Rose products and I thought that I would enter the remaining challenges in March.... the prizes if I'm lucky enough include sets of Tsunami Rose Journal kits and credit to spend on printables from the Tsunami Rose shop.


Please hop on over to the Tsunami Rose Blog and join in this week's Colour Challenge - have a look at the fabulous inspiration from the design team this week - the creations are stunning!!! Cards and albums and even an Ice Cream Sundae!! This month we are promoting the 'Life Abloom' Printable Journal Kit which you can find here!

So, I dont have a lot of TRD papers at the moment - luckily for me, the challenge does NOT require the use of Tsunami Rose products - anything goes as long as you stay within the other criteria for the challenge.

I have looked at the DT inspiration several times in the last few days and given that it is a 'Colour Inspiration' challenge, I have decided to work with the pinks and florals that appear in the 'Life Abloom' kit and the DT samples. I've covered my card with pearlescent pink paper and inked the edges in 'Worn Lipstick' distress ink.


The products i've used to create my card for this challenge are mainly from Craftwork Cards - a Birdhouse shaped card blank, paper flowers from the Flower Fusion Pad, 'Princess' Card Candi, also some Star Dust Stickles and a length of lace ribbon tinted with 'Worn Lipstick' distress ink.


Here's a close up of the flowers - i've used candi coated in stickles for the centres and stickles on each of the candi along the edges of the card. 


My sentiment was printed on Safmat and hasn't quite come out the way i wanted - its more noticeable than I would have liked especially on the white centre - however, i'm working with a new printer and i think this will just take some practice to get it right!

I'm taking this to my friend's house tonight with a bottle of something sparkling and a big bag of crisps - should be a good night... the snow is getting heavier though... this might not be a great idea!

Mo xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, hope you do well in the challenge. Have a good night! Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE Maureen.... Love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us for our Wednesday Challenge!!!
    ~Rhonda TRD DTL

    ReplyDelete